Well written reviews accounting for firmware updates?

d+n.s

I see a lot of reviews for GPSrs that seem pretty negative but people in the comments mention that after some recent firmware updates they have improved. This makes matters extra confusing foir a noob like me trying to find a budget GPS.

Like, I've heard the GC is much better now than when it hit and so is the Triton but I can't find a lot of info on this.

Is there somone out there who writes detailed and noob friendly reviews that are updated? I feel like this is a problem I run into more and more with internet reviews.

As a reviewer, I'll say that it's hard enough keeping up with new devices, much less every firmware update. Occasionally I'll post about new firmware and update my review, especially for something where there is huge interest (I did this recently for the Garmin 62 series and previously for the Magellan GC). But usually you'll find firmware discussions relegated to forums, wikis, or the comments section on blogs. When a true disaster like the Triton comes along, I just want to be done with it, and am unlikely to ever even use the thing again.