are coins in one's "Trackables Collection" dippable?

Pup Patrol

I'm sorry but I think that I still don't understand "dipping".

I recently received a geocoin (TB1YVZ8) and activated it and put it in my Inventory.

I am not ready to set it on a journey and decided to accumulate mileage by dipping, but when I went to log it there are only two types of logs: "Write note" or "Discovered it".

So I tried moving it from Inventory to Collection and I got the same options for logging.

Thanks for any help.

~Roger

I'm sorry but I think that I still don't understand "dipping".

I recently received a geocoin (TB1YVZ8) and activated it and put it in my Inventory.

I am not ready to set it on a journey and decided to accumulate mileage by dipping, but when I went to log it there are only two types of logs: "Write note" or "Discovered it".

So I tried moving it from Inventory to Collection and I got the same options for logging.

Thanks for any help.

~Roger

To be able to 'dip' (which is now referred to as 'visting') your geocoin in and out of caches to record mileage travelled it has to be moved from your Collection into your Inventory. You can do that from this page: http://www.geocaching.com/my/collection.aspx

Then when you log a geocache you select 'Found it' and type your log in the Comments box as usual, then scroll down underneath and you'll see your geocoin listed in the lower box where it says "Dropped off any trackables?" - Select the action 'Visited' - Then click 'Submit log entry'.

This will put your log onto the cache page and at the same time it will automatically log a visit in and out of the cache for the geocoin.

MrsB