downloading caches to my gps

N6CUS

when I go to seek a cache and the first page is listed at the top there is a box to check all caches on that page and a check in there does it. but when I clik the download to gps alongside of it I would think the entire page would upload to my gps, I use paperless geocaching so I want to do it this way, rather than download a whole page to a file then import that, that way seems to loose the paperless info.

the way I've been doing it is one at a time witn the same way as a whole page but only seems to work on one at a time

Tnx in advance for any help

I think the way you are doing it will only download LOC files.

For true paperless caching you need the GPX files, which can be obtained by clicking the GPX button on the individual cache pages, or, more efficiently, by using the Pocket Query feature which will give you 1000 at a time based on your own defined set of filters.

I'd personally skip the check boxes on the search results pages and aim for the GPX files instead :P

I think the way you are doing it will only download LOC files.

For true paperless caching you need the GPX files, which can be obtained by clicking the GPX button on the individual cache pages, or, more efficiently, by using the Pocket Query feature which will give you 1000 at a time based on your own defined set of filters.

I'd personally skip the check boxes on the search results pages and aim for the GPX files instead :P

How do I get a GPX file download? when I say download files at bottom all i get is a loc file

??

How do I get a GPX file download? when I say download files at bottom all i get is a loc file

??

There is a button on each cache page for "GPX File".

This will give you a GPX file for that individual cache. You can click on this button on each cache page and then load all the files onto your GPS.

A more efficient way to do it is to use Pocket Queries, which is one of the main benefits of premium membership.

They seem quite complicated at first but really are straight forward once you have done a couple. And if you have trouble there are plenty of people here who would be willing to help.

To get started with pocket queries have a read of the knowledge book

??

Apologies, I wasn't paying attention and thought I was replying to the original poster, who is a Premium Member.

As you are a basic member, you do not have access to the GPX files or pocket queries.

But with regular quarterly payments you would :P

Sorry for the misunderstanding

??

There is a button on each cache page for "GPX File".

This will give you a GPX file for that individual cache. You can click on this button on each cache page and then load all the files onto your GPS.

A more efficient way to do it is to use Pocket Queries, which is one of the main benefits of premium membership.

They seem quite complicated at first but really are straight forward once you have done a couple. And if you have trouble there are plenty of people here who would be willing to help.

To get started with pocket queries have a read of the knowledge book

Thanks for your help

I tried the pocket q thing and now wondering if there is a way to get the zip file today

seems with the pocket q allows for best is next day file

??

I tried the pocket q thing and now wondering if there is a way to get the zip file today

??

Check the 'Server Time' on the select day page.

New PQ's -those that have never run- get priority, and should arrive within 5 to 10 minutes of the request being sent, if you select the right day to run.

??

Check the 'Server Time' on the select day page.

New PQ's -those that have never run- get priority, and should arrive within 5 to 10 minutes of the request being sent, if you select the right day to run.

I don;t see sever page,

on the build a pq it just says days sun, mon and so on

where can i find that page?

http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/gcquery.aspx

Days to Generate: (Server Time: Saturday, 06 November 2010 11:02:00)

5151284743_89bf9b3c88_z.jpg

Today, now, is Saturday. Check Day to Run 'Sat' it should be with you within 5 to 10 minutes.

(It's available on the PQ page http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/default.aspx quicker than it's available via email -it's the ISP's that slow things down!) Second tab Pocket Queries Ready For Download.

5151914028_9f2e8d9599_z.jpg

Edited by Bear and Ragged

http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/gcquery.aspx

Days to Generate: (Server Time: Saturday, 06 November 2010 11:02:00)

5151284743_89bf9b3c88_z.jpg

Today, now, is Saturday. Check Day to Run 'Sat' it should be with you within 5 to 10 minutes.

(It's available on the PQ page http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/default.aspx quicker than it's available via email -it's the ISP's that slow things down!) Second tab Pocket Queries Ready For Download.

5151914028_9f2e8d9599_z.jpg

I'm making progress now, it did work, BUT on my GPS Garmin Oregon 550 they all went into the waypoints file and did list them as caches, but I want to use the paperless info that I get when I upload them one at a time from the find page, I'd like to upload a bunch at one time but they don't show in my Geo file on the gps just the waypoint file as caches without the added info, logs, hint and so on

any ideas beside sending them one at a time?

and thank you for your help

Ron in Sunny California

I'll have to duck out of this one, as getting PQs onto a GPS is not an area I am expert in.

I put them all into GSAK then export to a Etrex Legend HCX (Non paperless), a tomtom and my phone. I have no experience in putting them onto a paperless GPS device.

Hope you get it sorted. Like all these things, it's often tricky to do it the first time but once you've done it once it becomes routine and you can almost do it with your eyes closed.

Thanks to all who helped

I finally got what I needed. it is the follow the arrow pdf file that did it

its clear and it works

and i use to print all the lit out before I left home

now with paperless and uploading bunches thanks to follow the arrow

it is easier and works great

my iphone works that way but service is so poor in my areas i travel

thats almost useless

fantastic

Ron