October Statistics

holograph

The November statistics are available on the statistics page. The maps and counts by county have been updated also.

There were 2,355 datasheets updated with GEOCAC recovery logs. The most recent recovery added to the datasheets was dated October 3, so the datasheets are nearly up to date.

It looks like CallawayMT bagged the westernmost station, which is in Alaska. Congratulations! Kayakbird got the 5th most northern station in the contiguous 48 states, and king.hubi got the 9th least recently recovered station, with the first recovery report in 136 years.

delta_map_t.gif geocac_map_t.gif

It's difficult to say about Virginia, Mike. That northwestern county in red might have been either of us. I made a run down the Blue Ridge Parkway from I-64 south to US-501, back in September, and I picked up some benchmarks along the way.

I made another excursion along the Parkway in mid-October (after these maps were compiled), starting at I-77 and ending up in Roanoke. Watch for some southern VA counties to fill in, next time, as well as putting color into a conspicious hole called Stokes County, NC. (I finally grew weary of seeing the white spot, so I drove up there last Friday to report on thirteen stations.)

In the current statistics, North Carolina saw recovery reports coming from TFC, KPE, PFF, J-I-J, RCP, plus a new (and as yet unidentified) GEOCAC submitter using the initials DRD. Keep up the great work, fellow Tar Heels. There are only 100 counties, and GEOCAC has been in most of them!

-Paul-

Thanks Holo,

Here I thought I knew maps well and did not even know that my trip to Tununak was further west than my recoveries in Kauai. I did this recovery at the request of Northwes to get one of the Alaskan Burough's colored in. You learn something new every day.

Kurt

Edited by CallawayMT
It's difficult to say about Virginia, Mike. That northwestern county in red might have been either of us. I made a run down the Blue Ridge Parkway from I-64 south to US-501, back in September, and I picked up some benchmarks along the way.

One of the VA counties was Dinwiddie, and the recovery was GV2264 by foxtrot_xray, and the other county was Amherst, with recoveries of GW2499 and GW2564 by PFF.

Hey Paul - that's some nice road trips country there. (I drive I77 whenever I head back to GA to meet with friends. I love that road. It's always empty, and has a GREAT view while crossing the range!)

Looks like we both got some holes in VA then. One of me very few 'new' counties, cool. :anibad: Thanks Holo for checking!

Thanks holograph, as always great work!

The 9th least recently recovered station was PF0984 - CANNON MTN PROFILE 1874. It is on top of Cannon Mountain, formerly known as Profile Mountain, up in the White Mountains in New Hampshire. But in this case credit goes to royswkr. He found it before me two years ago and wrote the first recovery log under geocaching.com. I only reported it back to the NGS.

King Hubi