My first day of Geocaching!

Delons

Another point that we should probably make here. In your cache Tree mail (GC2HGKN), you said you put candy corn in a plastic bag. This cache was probably trashed by the time you got back to your car. Squirrels, chipmunks and all sorts of other animials LOVE candy corn. It is a bad idea to put foodstuffs in an ammo can. Animals can smell it and will trash the area trying to get it. Your plastic bag won't last a minute with a squirrel sensing winter is on its way.

Well... I have a plastic bag, inside that is leaves, inside that is a tupperware container (the cache) then the candy corn is inside ANOTHER bag.

Let me ask this....If you found candy corn, placed in a bag by an unknown person, in a tupperware, inside another bag, hanging in a tree, in someones yard, would you eat it? Would you want your children to eat it?

It says DO NOT EAT on it.

I'm sorry, but I'm really confused. Why is the candy corn in the geocache with a "DO NOT EAT" sign on it? What's the point?

Urgh!

Another point that we should probably make here. In your cache Tree mail (GC2HGKN), you said you put candy corn in a plastic bag. This cache was probably trashed by the time you got back to your car. Squirrels, chipmunks and all sorts of other animials LOVE candy corn. It is a bad idea to put foodstuffs in an ammo can. Animals can smell it and will trash the area trying to get it. Your plastic bag won't last a minute with a squirrel sensing winter is on its way.

Well... I have a plastic bag, inside that is leaves, inside that is a tupperware container (the cache) then the candy corn is inside ANOTHER bag.

Let me ask this....If you found candy corn, placed in a bag by an unknown person, in a tupperware, inside another bag, hanging in a tree, in someones yard, would you eat it? Would you want your children to eat it?

It says DO NOT EAT on it.

I'm sorry, but I'm really confused. Why is the candy corn in the geocache with a "DO NOT EAT" sign on it? What's the point?

Urgh!

You need to watch mythbusters because if you think a couple plastic bags is going to keep an animal from finding that candy corn your crazy. They used a blood hound and went to extraordinary lengths to remove scent from them, including a full rubber body suit, and the dog still found them. If you don't believe a raccoon will not smell that candy corn and rip your cache to threads to get to it you truely have no clue. Bad Idea!!! :unsure:;) We will put our food in our car when camping and racoons will sniff around the car try to figure a way to get in. Keep the caches but remove the candy.

Edited by Team_Searchgeo

They havn't been reviewed yet, but ones at a cemetary and another on a side road.

Be careful, cemeteries are generally not permitted as hides ... for obvious reasons.

Jeannette

Maybe that's true where you live. Around here, it's hard to find an old cemetery that doesn't have a cache in it, or nearby.

Be careful, cemeteries are generally not permitted as hides ... for obvious reasons.

Jeannette

Maybe that's true where you live. Around here, it's hard to find an old cemetery that doesn't have a cache in it, or nearby.

I have noticed that there seem to be wide variations on that. I've not seen any cemetery hides around here, but in the OPs area they seem fine.

Jeannette

I have noticed that there seem to be wide variations on that. I've not seen any cemetery hides around here, but in the OPs area they seem fine.

There are a lot of them around my neck of the woods. There is even a cemetery challenge.

http://coord.info/GC25ZDV