Android app for qvga screens

keehotee

Apologies - as the feedback site doesn't seem to get much traffic (or interraction), thought I'd post here instead....

1. Has anybody managed to get hold of and run the official app on a handset with a qvga screen (HTC Tattoo or SE Xperia X10 Mini)?

2. Did anybody taking part in the beta tests run this on a qvga screen? There must have been more of them about back then?

3. Has Groundspeak got any plans to make the app available to users of handsets with qvga screens - or are we stuck with 3rd party apps?

I have a HTC Tattoo, albeit running a modified version of Froyo. You may not be able to see the app in the marketplace unless it has been correftly signed to work with QVGA screens - as I have rooted my phone, I have full market access.

The official app that I have used (1.02) works on the QVGA screen OK but I can't comment on how good it is or any quirks on the smaller screen as I only installed it to see what it looked like. Other apps that I use (c:geo, GeoHunter, GeOrg) all work on the smaller screen as well but obviously you are restricted to the amount of information that can be displayed.

I made a suggestion to the author of GeOrg about using the app on smaller screens and in the last release, he has added an option called 'Readability' that uses a larger font.

All of these apps have also been tested on HTC Wildfire which is also a QVGA screen but slightly larger.

HTH

Edited by MaxiP

I have a HTC Tattoo, albeit running a modified version of Froyo. You may not be able to see the app in the marketplace unless it has been correftly signed to work with QVGA screens - as I have rooted my phone, I have full market access.

The official app that I have used (1.02) works on the QVGA screen OK but I can't comment on how good it is or any quirks on the smaller screen as I only installed it to see what it looked like. Other apps that I use (c:geo, GeoHunter, GeOrg) all work on the smaller screen as well but obviously you are restricted to the amount of information that can be displayed.

I made a suggestion to the author of GeOrg about using the app on smaller screens and in the last release, he has added an option called 'Readability' that uses a larger font.

All of these apps have also been tested on HTC Wildfire which is also a QVGA screen but slightly larger.

HTH

So if, as you've proven, the app will work with a qvga screen, how much more nagging is it going to take us to get Groundspeak's developers to tick the box? That's all we want! :huh::D