Logging a DNF on a first run

karmabottle

I agree with several points here. If I got out of my car and looked I log it.

If I get to GZ on a hike and there is an impassable body of water or trash, I log it. If I couldn't look because of muggles I write a note. Let's the CO and other seekers know conditions. If it's a LPC or a guardrail I decided to pass by I don't.

If nobody logs their DNF's like Briansnat said, I won't go checking on a cache if one person logs a DNF (except maybe the ones I drive by regularly or the one behind my house) but several in a row warrant a trip to check it out.

I have 11 DNFs and 14 "founds". I have/will log them if I spend a reasonable time looking (not scared off by a muggler right away or something). So far, I have only not logged one once, when there was just too many people around and I couldn't get close enough (several feet away from GZ). A reasonable amount of time to ME is 15-20 minutes on a 1 or 2 star difficulty. But I just started. Obviously it would be different for a more difficult cache.