TB Expectations for distance

AsphaltCowGurl

We're debating about dropping a TB within a metro area of a large US city. It's to celebrate the 40th yr of business for my company. We would like it to visit 40 states in 1 year. My question is, is this too lofty a goal? I've seen bugs travel for years w/o getting to their goal. If anyone has a suggestion for a more realistic goal, I'd be happy to hear it.

If I dropped a bug in Florida I would set the expectation that it would take 2 years to reach Minnesota. (and maybe 15 states)

Sometimes you get lucky, usually you do not. Most people aren't going to start moving your bug faster just because it's coming up on the deadline. Don't set any time-lines or set a directional goals. Just drop your bug and enjoy the ride. Do however give people something to do other than 'move from cache to cache.

I don't know what your business is but maybe there's something people could post photos relating to it.

Ya that would seem to me to be a lofty goal but who knows...I had one make one stop before it disappeared, it moved less that 8km (TB339K2) then another has traveled almost 40 000km (TB3FT02). I've got a coin that is moving towards it goal at a fairly steady pace.

You could release 4 TB's one for each of the 10 years in business and just see what one travels the furthest in the year. Maybe even have a pool in the office taking bets on which one will go furthest.