Have Bug, lost activation code!

Mudfrog

Im probably the only one this has happened too but somehow ive lost my activation code for my first Travel Bug. I sent email a couple of days ago and havnt received a reply. Of course i know they get tons of mail so this may take some time, however i was wondering if there is something else i can do to help things along. Home phone number to Jeremy's maybe? I didnt even think about this and had allready set my cache out, had to put a hold on it until i get the bug activated,,, Thanks for any ideas...

I've been working solely on the eBook deal for a couple of days and am now working hard on catching up on emails. The 4th was a busy weekend as well. If I didn't respond to you already I will tomorrow (err today).

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Let me tag on to Mudfrog's thread.

I bought several travel bugs and gave two away as gifts. Yep, one of the guys threw the package (and activation code) away. Now it's useless.

How do I get a new activation code? I've e-mailed Jeremy several times over the last two months ... but nothing. He's always been great about responding to other e-mails.

Jeepster

- Road kill on the information highway ...

I was hopping someone here could help with activation codes. I bought 5 about a year or so ago, when they were first introduced, and well, yup, I haven't a clue what I did with the activation code. I have sent 2 emails over the past week and a half. I know Jeremy and Co. are extremely busy, but is there anyone else that might be able to help?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brad icon_confused.gif

You can take the man out of the mountains, but you can't take the mountain out of the man.

I was hopping someone here could help with activation codes. I bought 5 about a year or so ago, when they were first introduced, and well, yup, I haven't a clue what I did with the activation code. I have sent 2 emails over the past week and a half. I know Jeremy and Co. are extremely busy, but is there anyone else that might be able to help?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brad icon_confused.gif

You can take the man out of the mountains, but you can't take the mountain out of the man.

Put the travel bug in a good envelope, along with a letter stating the problem, ask them if you can swap bugs for a new one with activation code, include a self addressed stamped envelope. I don't know if they'll do it, but it may be faster than waiting for an email reply. You'll either get your bug back with activation code or a new bug.

I know that Jeremy and crew are a little backed up right now, but they really are your best bet. Provide them the pertinent info. in an e-mail. Number of the bug, and identifiers about the person that made the purchase, e-mail address the request came from and geocacher username that made the purchase. I too had what I thought was a useless bug, but Jeremy came through for me with the password to register it. Patience will prevail.

Hey y'all.... never fear, Jeremy is Here! He will email you back with an activation code provided you email him with your registration number on your Travel Bug Tag.

I had a similar problem. I cached my first Travel Bug and then I figured out that my activation code was lost. I sent an email to Groundspeak and they responded in a timely manner with a code. Good luck.

Happy Trails and Keep Your Powder Dry...

Team Smoke