audio/sound

syzygy54

I am creating a Wherigo with urwigo that is based on an historical Civil War event.

Because i read that the Garmin can only utilize Midi audio, I added bugle sounds and songs in that format.

I used the command "play sound" and then dropped my audio into it. there are no error messages, yet when i use the builder, i cannot hear the audio.

I tried to add one MP3 and had similar results.

What gives?

java script:emoticon('B)',%20'smid_1')

I will do more research on the FDL that GArmin uses, but that is later.

I downloaded some of the Wherigo games from J2b2 and he had sound in his game. They were wav files. When i used his file in my game, it worked in the builder. When i downloaded some other wav files of my own, they don't work in the builder.

frustrating

i should have mentioned that I am using Urwigo.

any suggestions?

Edited by syzygy54
I downloaded some of the Wherigo games from J2b2 and he had sound in his game. They were wav files. When i used his file in my game, it worked in the builder. When i downloaded some other wav files of my own, they don't work in the builder.

i should have mentioned that I am using Urwigo.

Maybe there's a size limit? Otherwise, whichever builder you use, the files don't really "work" or "not work", because the builder doesn't know what to do with them. It only gets interesting when you compile and run using a device, or the emulator.