South Staffs Water Authority Cache Permission?

Hi,

Has anyone had any dealings with obtaining permission for caches on SSW (South Staffs Water) land? If so, who is the best person to contact please?

Many thanks.

You do mean ssw and not British waterways. ssw I haven't dealt with but I have contacted the waterways people and they were very negative, although since then lots of caches have appeared on their land ,so I can only assume they have mellowed and allow them now. ;):(

Hi,

Has anyone had any dealings with obtaining permission for caches on SSW (South Staffs Water) land? If so, who is the best person to contact please?

Many thanks.

Hih,

Normally most companies have a Communication Officer/Public Relations policy Officer, these are normally a good starting point for anyone trying to open up dialogue with an organisation.

If you go to their website, I am sure you will find contact details for an office or the duly appointed contact.

However, a word of warning, as a Managemnet Consultant over the years Ive put software and hardware systems into many clean and sewage water works, so you might hit a brick wall, on a health and safety as well as a security issue pertaining to possible contamination of a site, etc..........Some organisations are a little tense especially after 9/11. Only an observation, but worth thinking along those lines.

Biggles

Hi,

Many thanks.

.................so you might hit a brick wall, on a health and safety as well as a security issue pertaining to possible contamination of a site, etc..........Some organisations are a little tense especially after 9/11. Only an observation, but worth thinking along those lines.

Biggles

I recently (2 years ago) contacted Anglian Water asking for permission to visit a trig-point situated on top of one of their reservoirs, said reservoir being surrounded by a very big spiky fence. Access was totally refused... No chance of appeal... Reason given was that it was a "vital part of Bedford's water supply infrastructure" and access by unauthorised personnel was a definite no-no.

Edited by Pharisee