Iphone app

Steph2870

Yep, just click on "Search by Address/Post Code" and it will also work with coordinates.

You can also just use the generic iPhone maps app. Just be sure to specify a name before the coordinates (example@N...,W...) or else it will drop the pin at the closest address and not the actual coordinate.

Are there any other good GPS apps for the iPhone? For example, I like to hike and take pictures so an app that can keep track of where I've hiked and also let me use that data to geotag my photos when I get home on the computer would be great.

Check out MotionX GPS - an excellent, relatively inexpensive ($2.99) app that's great for biking, hiking etc. Lets you track your trails, lots of information and easy to export to .GPX and other formats.

Are there any other good GPS apps for the iPhone? For example, I like to hike and take pictures so an app that can keep track of where I've hiked and also let me use that data to geotag my photos when I get home on the computer would be great.

Thanks,

-= Ken =-

Check out Everytrail too. It does what you're looking for. I have both MotionX GPS and Everytrail. Haven't decided which one I like better yet though.

Thanks,

-= Ken =-

iGCT is another good geocaching app that can calculate projections as well as a few other things.

Thanks,

-= Ken =-

Which iPhone do you have? I know my iPhone 4 (iOS 4.1) automatically geotags every picture I take with it.

Of course if you are using a different camera, I totally get that you would want the tracklog for a program like Robogeo to add the location info

For tracklogs I am using GPS Motion X, Waze, and Runkeeper depending on the task.