How can I have notifications sent to my cell phone?

ipodguy

The way I have it set up now is that notifications of newly published caches go to my Yahoo! email account.

I tried to figure out a way to filter the emails and have them sent to my cell phone as a text message (just a very basic Motorola cell phone with a basic Verizon plan, not an iPhone, Blackberry, Droid, etc). I could do this with Yahoo! Mail Plus, but I don't want to buy the program.

I can send emails to my phone from my Yahoo! account and vice versa.

Is there any other way that I can set up an email account to filter newly published cache notifications and automatically forward them to another email address (my cell phone)?

The way I have it set up now is that notifications of newly published caches go to my Yahoo! email account.

I tried to figure out a way to filter the emails and have them sent to my cell phone as a text message (just a very basic Motorola cell phone with a basic Verizon plan, not an iPhone, Blackberry, Droid, etc). I could do this with Yahoo! Mail Plus, but I don't want to buy the program.

I can send emails to my phone from my Yahoo! account and vice versa.

Is there any other way that I can set up an email account to filter newly published cache notifications and automatically forward them to another email address (my cell phone)?

Your cell phone company provides an email address that translates to an incoming text message.

Which cell phone company do you use?

All of the notifications sent out are emails. SMS is not a direct option.

You will need to use the SMS Gateway for your carrier if you want them sent as SMS. Note that SMS will typically be limited in length. Using the MMS address (if you have that option) will give you more characters.

Here's a list of gateways for various carriers.

http://www.mutube.com/projects/open-email-...s/gateway-list/

All of the notifications sent out are emails. SMS is not a direct option.

You will need to use the SMS Gateway for your carrier if you want them sent as SMS. Note that SMS will typically be limited in length. Using the MMS address (if you have that option) will give you more characters.

Here's a list of gateways for various carriers.

http://www.mutube.com/projects/open-email-...s/gateway-list/

But, I can send an email to MycellnenpumbherO@VZWText.com and it will show up on my phone in the form of a text message.

Don't need to have working links because my phone can't browse the internet anyway.

Hopefully, I can figure out how to automatically forward emails.