Reusing lost TB's number; can mileage be reset to 0?

cpacisa

I don't want to mess with anyone else's stats, so if there's no other option then I guess I'll go with Doug's suggestion. I never considered anyone else would be intereested in the miles; I was only thinking for my own ability to track which TB's travelled farthest. Though I may not remember years from now (assuming it lasts that long) to search back to the page that has the entry about mileage reset, I'll make it red letters to perhaps make the entry easier to find.

Thanks for the input.

I don't want to mess with anyone else's stats, so if there's no other option then I guess I'll go with Doug's suggestion. I never considered anyone else would be intereested in the miles; I was only thinking for my own ability to track which TB's travelled farthest. Though I may not remember years from now (assuming it lasts that long) to search back to the page that has the entry about mileage reset, I'll make it red letters to perhaps make the entry easier to find.

Thanks for the input.

You don't have to just put the information in a note that will get buried in the history--you can put it right on the TB's web page for all the caching world to see.

Warning: rambling tangent ahead. (not directed a the OP)

Knowing the mileage totals of various TB releases is interesting but (in my opinion) since it is only showing the mileage of the cache hop, which is really not the distance the bug has traveled, I don't put much stock into the totals. It's nice to know, sure, but it seems to be...trivia.

I would think that total number of cache visits and time alive are kind of worth knowing too. Tally the cache visits, Discovers, total number of individual cachers who have logged it. Total number of days since release.

(The tracking history shows the total number of records but that is everything including posting a note)

Personally, I don't want to consider bugs as finite, one life thingies. I use them to connect with other cachers and to see the places they go to. If don't give a duck's breath that the item had to be replaced why should anyone else? What, they didn't get to move the original keychain that I picked up at stuffmart?

If you want to keep things real, go release a coin. When that's gone, it's gone.

:)