Meridian Platinum vertical lines in screen

geewhiz1

I have a Meridian Platinum firmware ver. 5.40. The other day it would not turn on, so I tried new batteries, still no luck. I put it in the car, and still nothing. I tried the original batteries and it would beep but nothing on the screen, then tried the new batteries again, and it came to life, but now the screen has 1/8 inch vertical lines running through it, line, space, line, space. I can see the normal stuff in the back ground, and it seems to be working, I was wondering if a memory clear, and reinitialize would fix it, but if there is a different way, I would like to try, I have not done all my homework on the WASS patch yet. I have found the code to change but I’m not sure which satellite I need for the Wisconsin area (I think that’s my problem, I have to do more homework.) After it came to life I also preformed the trick on the battery connections, not soldering wires, but bending them a little. Thanks for any help

This post is going to Groundspeak and Magellan Meridian Yahoo group.

I have a Meridian Platinum firmware ver. 5.40. The other day it would not turn on, so I tried new batteries, still no luck. I put it in the car, and still nothing. I tried the original batteries and it would beep but nothing on the screen, then tried the new batteries again, and it came to life, but now the screen has 1/8 inch vertical lines running through it, line, space, line, space. I can see the normal stuff in the back ground, and it seems to be working, I was wondering if a memory clear, and reinitialize would fix it, but if there is a different way, I would like to try, I have not done all my homework on the WASS patch yet. I have found the code to change but I’m not sure which satellite I need for the Wisconsin area (I think that’s my problem, I have to do more homework.) After it came to life I also preformed the trick on the battery connections, not soldering wires, but bending them a little. Thanks for any help

This post is going to Groundspeak and Magellan Meridian Yahoo group.

You own the finest handheld unit ever made ( I have about 10 Platinums ) but I have never seen what you describe ( I too had to bend the battery tabs after receiving one in the mail)

I would re-install the firmware....I downloaded several versions from the Magellan Meridian group site ( I actually own at least one of the whole Meridian line so I saved all the firmware versions for all the units.