Sending maps to sd card.

If you are selecting the map tiles from inside MapSource and using the "Send to Device" button in MapSource to send the maps to the GPS unit, the result should be a file named GMAPSUPP.IMG. It should not be a ZIP file.

In MapSource, how many tiles do you have selected and what is the total size under the Map Tab?

And did you select the SD card as the destination?

Also, what firmware version is on the device?

Most of the mapsets on gpsfiledepot are self installing to MapSource and BaseCamp. You need to run the .exe file you downloaded. Then using MapSource or BaseCamp, select some or all of the quads/tiles and send them to the OR450. The software will create and send a gmapsupp.img file. If you rename this to something more meaningful with a .img extension you can send additional data using the same procedure. You may have to create a Garmin folder the first time the micromemory card is used. Also see: http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-...armin-gps-unit/

Procedure may be slightly different if you have a MAC>

Thank You for the help. The map is installed. Now how do I add another map without over writing the previous installed map?

I'd try renaming the one that is already in your Oregon's Garmin folder from gmapsupp.img to something that you can remember easily so you can keep them straight. I keep several maps on my 450 and enable them as needed. Each has a different *.img name that indicates the area that it covers. When you fire another one over to your 450, the rename of your first map will prevent the new gmapsupp.img file from overwriting it.
Thank You for the help. The map is installed. Now how do I add another map without over writing the previous installed map?

I'd try renaming the one that is already in your Oregon's Garmin folder from gmapsupp.img to something that you can remember easily so you can keep them straight. I keep several maps on my 450 and enable them as needed. Each has a different *.img name that indicates the area that it covers. When you fire another one over to your 450, the rename of your first map will prevent the new gmapsupp.img file from overwriting it.

Thank You for your help. I did what you said and now I got my maps.

Was this not clear enough?

The software will create and send a gmapsupp.img file. If you rename this to something more meaningful with a .img extension you can send additional data using the same procedure.

Does step 8 in the tutorial reference I provided need to be clearer?.

Was this not clear enough?

The software will create and send a gmapsupp.img file. If you rename this to something more meaningful with a .img extension you can send additional data using the same procedure.

Does step 8 in the tutorial reference I provided need to be clearer?.

No! and thank you for your help.