Different locks with a single universal geocaching key

Rhialto

Discussed a bit with the old feedback system.

I'd like Groundspeak to sell different kind of locks that would all open with a single universal key. Geocachers would be able to buy either a set or only the key if they don't plan to hide. Pretty simple, a unique key to open them all.

I'm not saying having all the caches now using a lock but it could be usefull in some situations. Like a cache that would be visible to everyone but well hidden in the environment. We would be able to secure it with a lock and some very curious mugglers could spot and look at it (with a question mark over the head) but would not have access to it.

All around the world there would be occasionnal caches that require to have the geocaching key. They key could be borrowed from another geocacher since they are all the same but I expect that most geocacher would be pround to have this unique item in the long run, their "precious"! :-)

So? A cool lock (and there even could be different models/sizes) that all use the same key and the key could also get some unique design with time, like one special edition about the 15 years of geocaching, etc.

Maybe better to discuss here.

Edited by Rhialto