Hello, we just wanted to introduce ourselves

PKJ&Legato

Hello! My husband and I just started geocaching about a week ago and we are new to the forums as well. I have been lurking for a few days now but haven't really posted. We have found 6 caches so far out of the 8 we have looked for and we are so excited that we can't wait to get out and try to find more! I hope to be active in the forums and get to know some of you. :yikes:

:laughing:

Welcome!

This "sport / obsession / addiction / game" is a lot of fun. For most of us, we quickly find ourselves hooked. Fortunately, it is a wholesome addiction. :lol: Just look before you leap.

Anywho, I go with my 10 year old son. We have a blast. And I get some badly needed exercise. I'm 40 and in the worst shape of my life. :sad:

There's great people here. They've been nothing but kind to me (so far :yikes: )

Hello and welcome...

We are fairly new ourselves. We have been participating in the game since the end of April. We are having such a good time. My wife and I have recently retired. Now we can look for caches whenever we want to. We are in the planning stages of our next adventure in life. We are planning to purchase a motorhome and travel the U.S.A. and geocache along our routes. We would love to get caches in every state.

Be safe and most of all have fun...

:ph34r:

Welcome!

This "sport / obsession / addiction / game" is a lot of fun. For most of us, we quickly find ourselves hooked. Fortunately, it is a wholesome addiction. :huh: Just look before you leap.

Anywho, I go with my 10 year old son. We have a blast. And I get some badly needed exercise. I'm 40 and in the worst shape of my life. :D

There's great people here. They've been nothing but kind to me (so far ;) )

It's surprising how much exercise you can get from geocaching. Yesterday I was tromping through some seriously overgrown bush. By the time I spent 20 minutes crawling, ducking, jumping ... I was drenched. After all that effort, I didn't find the cache ... but I got some exercise :)

Hello! My husband and I just started geocaching about a week ago and we are new to the forums as well. I have been lurking for a few days now but haven't really posted. We have found 6 caches so far out of the 8 we have looked for and we are so excited that we can't wait to get out and try to find more! I hope to be active in the forums and get to know some of you. :D

6 out of 8 is impressive ... especially if you're new to geocaching. I'm batting .50 in my last 4 tries ;)

Well thank you everyone. I'm very excited about this game, I've been telling just about everyone about it and how much fun it is. We managed to convince a friend of ours to come out with us yesterday. He ended up finding just as much as we did. He's a natural apparently! LOL! I hope to get out tomorrow and find some caches. I am so surprised at how many caches there are in my town. We don't live in a big city or anything, just a smallish town and there are a ton of caches in our area. I guess I didn't expect there to be so many people into this game. It's cool seeing the same names in the logs of all the caches around us. Maybe someday we will run into each other.

PKJ

It's cool seeing the same names in the logs of all the caches around us. Maybe someday we will run into each other.

PKJ

That is fun. When I was caching for a few months in MA and RI I would see the same names, some of them writing very entertaining logs. I still look them up now and then and follow their adventures, even though I never met them.

It's cool seeing the same names in the logs of all the caches around us. Maybe someday we will run into each other.

PKJ

That is fun. When I was caching for a few months in MA and RI I would see the same names, some of them writing very entertaining logs. I still look them up now and then and follow their adventures, even though I never met them.

There is this one person who I have been the next person to find the cache on the same day... Apparently we think alike.

PKJ