What's it called?

dukeofurl01

I was given this older GPS, it's a Garmin eTrex, it's yellow, and it's about an inch taller than the other eTrex models, it's not your standard one, I think it's a little older - but I'm not sure of that. It doesn't fit most eTrex accessories. I can't find what this unit is called. There's just no references to it anywhere.

Thanks!

I finally found the answer on my own also, it was indeed just called the eTrex. At first I thought it was the H, but it has the graphic of the earth on it, and the H doesn't.

Thanks!

Yep. My original GPSr, was the classic eTrex. (which I think they adopted as the name)

4-pin slide-in connector at the top of the back. serial I/O (will require either the new USB-to-serial cable, or if it came with the old DB-9 connector to the slide-on, a USB to RS-232C converter cable.

I used mine mainly for monitoring location, feeding the output to the laptop, which had a mapping program on it.. I tried finding my 1st geocache with it, but ended-up running the batteries down, and having to give-up. I later got a eTrex Legend (classic clear-blue) which was a little more accurate, and had a base map to work with.

I still have my "Old Yellar" as well. the "H" didn't come out until later, with the more sensitive "H" chipset, though I think they did keep the base design. (Serial I/O instead of USB). The Geko was a miniaturized version, bringing the buttons to the front, and using AAA batteries.

I finally found the answer on my own also, it was indeed just called the eTrex. At first I thought it was the H, but it has the graphic of the earth on it, and the H doesn't.

Thanks!

Yep. My original GPSr, was the classic eTrex. (which I think they adopted as the name)

4-pin slide-in connector at the top of the back. serial I/O (will require either the new USB-to-serial cable, or if it came with the old DB-9 connector to the slide-on, a USB to RS-232C converter cable.

I used mine mainly for monitoring location, feeding the output to the laptop, which had a mapping program on it.. I tried finding my 1st geocache with it, but ended-up running the batteries down, and having to give-up. I later got a eTrex Legend (classic clear-blue) which was a little more accurate, and had a base map to work with.

I still have my "Old Yellar" as well. the "H" didn't come out until later, with the more sensitive "H" chipset, though I think they did keep the base design. (Serial I/O instead of USB). The Geko was a miniaturized version, bringing the buttons to the front, and using AAA batteries.