Why on Earth...

geopotterkings

quote:

Originally posted by GeoPotter:

This travel bug wanted to go to California. Why did the last people move it so far back east??

One of our California bugs went back and forth from the west to the east coast several times. This was ok with us, and the bug did finish the primary goal. If a bug stays in play and does not go missing, that is a positive.

It is very possible that the owner does not care how many miles the bug accumulates prior to reaching the final cache.

After reading your second post.... maybe you are wound too tight for this game, huh? icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

Not only does BrownbutGreen make a racist comment (gypped) ...

Since when has 'gypped' been a racist term?

quote:
From dictionary.com:

gyp also gip tr.v. gypped, also gipped gyp-ping, gip-ping gyps, gips

To deprive (another) of something by fraud; cheat or swindle.

n.

A fraud or swindle.

One who defrauds; a swindler.

Probably short for Gypsy.

v : deprive of by deceit; "He swindled me out of my inheritance" syn: swindle, rook, nobble, diddle, bunco, defraud, mulct, con

I couldn't find any reference to race. The closest was gypsy, but a gypsy can be any race. (One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life.)

Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

quote:

Gypsy is a specific group of people called the Roma. Implying that all gypies are swindlers is a generalization and racist. But hey, I'm over it.

Sorry for being so acerbic.

That’s absurd!

It gets really old when people try so hard to be insulted by something that was never meant as a slight. What was the intent?!?!? It was nobody’s intent to hurl a racist slur at you. Here in the office we use a monthly publication call the Wing Operations Plan, or WOP for short. As an Italian American I have never been insulted by that in any way. I guess us Italians have a better sense of humor. And we don’t even get recognized as a minority on government forms!

Get real, peddle that crap somewhere else.

http://fp1.centurytel.net/Criminal_Page/

Oh, as for your original question, a TB goal is not binding. It should be considered a suggestion. You cannot obligate someone else to take care of something that belongs to you. If it were a rule ( icon_mad.gif) that a finder could only move a TB according to the wishes of the owner, many would just throw them away when they got home and found out where it wanted to go or what it wanted to do.

http://fp1.centurytel.net/Criminal_Page/