Tag chain

C.I.A. Agents

Oh, this is just the dumbest question but...

Does anyone know how I can make my TB's chain shorter without ruining it? The bug I want to attach it to doesn't have anything to wrap the long chain around and I don't like the idea of that long chain hanging from it. I'm afraid it'll get annoying for people who might pick it up.

You're free to laugh at me now.

newbie.gif to Bugging.

Two solutions...

A) you can just take some wire cutters and clip the chain at the spot in between the correct "beads" - however, make sure it's not too short, as there's nothing that can get it back together...

But the simpler solution is:

B) Throw the chain away and go out an buy some electrical cable ties. These will hold your bug tag in perfect place.

Here's Batman with a cable tie around his waist.

Markwell

My Geocaching Page

[This message was edited by Markwell on April 25, 2002 at 04:58 AM.]

find the connector hold it opening down then push the two opssites side down toward each other. once the chain is apart. find a length that works for you and then just cut off the excess (between the beads) with a pair of wire cutters or since the chain is thin enough a pair of scissors should work. then just pop the end beads back in to the connector an push the chain away from the connector opening.

James

"Big Dog"

-Clan Ferguson