Deadbeat Virtual Owners

I have done 2 virtuals that required emails be sent with answers.

Both times I get no response.

Can I still log the find?

Thanks

Go ahead and log them. If the CO has an issue with that, then he'll get back to you.

Since virts are no longer allowed to be created, all the virts are of a certain age, and in some cases the COs are no longer active. This at least allows these to stay active caches.

Thanks

Yeah (spoken like "yea-ahhhh") Log your cache, send the email, and unless you hear otherwise and your log is deleted, you're good to go. I wouldn't call 'em "Deadbeats"... they may even be dead, period. Just be glad that they put the cache out for you to find.

Go ahead and log. Do the cache pages say you're supposed to wait?

Not sure what sort of timeline you're talking about here, but they could be on vacation.

I hate to see a virtual geocache die, but if the owner's been absent for a long time, an NA log or a note to the reviewer might be in order.

I hate to see a virtual geocache die, but if the owner's been absent for a long time, an NA log or a note to the reviewer might be in order.

I think of it more like caches in lamp post. You could make a ruckus and tell wal-mart, have wal-mart send an E-mail to the reviewer and having the reviewer archive it. Or you could let it be. In this case it's even worse, virtuals are a dieing breed, don't make them extinct.

I think of it more like caches in lamp post. You could make a ruckus and tell wal-mart, have wal-mart send an E-mail to the reviewer and having the reviewer archive it. Or you could let it be. In this case it's even worse, virtuals are a dieing breed, don't make them extinct.

Once the armchair loggers notice the absent owner, it's just a matter of time before the logs get spammed up with "Greetings from Germany!" and it gets archived.

Once the armchair loggers notice the absent owner, it's just a matter of time before the logs get spammed up with "Greetings from Germany!" and it gets archived.

Why would someone do that? That defeats the purpose of this game... I've never seen that, but I'll take your word for it, you've played this game more then I have.

Thanks

I've done quite a few virtuals and what I've found is most of the time if I have the correct information I don't get any reply back from the CO.