Can't release TB

humdrumbill

ok, nm i was looking at the wrong TB lol

is it the Tommy's 70 Dodge Charger?

well normally you drop off TB's when you log your find for the cache you left it in

at the bottom of the page there is a list of TB's in your possession, all you have to do at that time is pick from the drop down box beside the TB "dropped" and submit your "find" log

if you forgot to do that, you can post a note to the cache where you left it and do same as above (pick from the drop down box beside the TB "dropped")

you can delete the note afterward if you wish

Edited by t4e

ok, nm i was looking at the wrong TB lol

is it the Tommy's 70 Dodge Charger?

well normally you drop off TB's when you log your find for the cache you left it in

at the bottom of the page there is a list of TB's in your possession, all you have to do at that time is pick from the drop down box beside the TB "dropped" and submit your "find" log

if you forgot to do that, you can post a note to the cache where you left it and do same as above (pick from the drop down box beside the TB "dropped")

you can delete the note afterward if you wish

Yes, it's Tommy's 70 Dodge Charger. If I'm understanding you correctly I should have had a window with a drop down box. I don't recall that. Also, when I searched for the travelbug using the id# it referenced another number when the page came up. Is this normal? I updated my last cache comments to state I dropped travelbug into cache. Still somewhat confused and amused.

Yes, it's Tommy's 70 Dodge Charger. If I'm understanding you correctly I should have had a window with a drop down box. I don't recall that. Also, when I searched for the travelbug using the id# it referenced another number when the page came up. Is this normal? I updated my last cache comments to state I dropped travelbug into cache. Still somewhat confused and amused.

yes, and the box should still be there since the TB still shows to be in your possession

just saying in the log that you dropped it off will no do anything

using the TB reference code -TB272QJ-brings up the right TB

this is what your screen should look like

just choose "post a note" and drop it off

<image removed by moderator, too many tracking numbers exposed>

Edited by Eartha

What if your screen does not show the list of TB's in your possession? That is what happened to me. I dropped Mortimer the Moose in the original cache on 8/14/10. No cell service so waited until I got home to my computer to log. Then, I tried to edit the log. Neither time did I have the capacity to move one of my TB's. It still shows as in my possession. I'm sure someone else took it by now because it is a popular cache. Plus, the cache has been temporarily deactivated. Do I have to wait until someone else claims that they grabbed it?

Another issue: I picked up a TB at the same time. It was not listed as being in that cache. I wrote the owner who told me it had been missing for a long time. Yesterday, I dropped that TB. Tried to log it as grabbed and dropped today but get an error message that the number I am using is the public number. I swear that I took the number off of the TB. Since I no longer have it, I can't double check. HELP?

Ask the owner for the tracking number.

If you already logged the cache, you can't go back and edit the log to drop the TBs. You'll now need to post a note, and you should see your drop down menu there, if you grabbed or retrieved them correctly.

Thanks for your and everybody's help. It all seemed so much clearer after a nights sleep. I was able to release tb. Thanks again/