What is a bamboozle hide?

Savypony

My gut response is that it was a fake hide.

For example, when you've been bamboozeled, you've been tricked:

bam·boo·zle (bm-bzl) KEY

TRANSITIVE VERB:

Informal bam·boo·zled, bam·boo·zling, bam·boo·zles

To take in by elaborate methods of deceit; hoodwink. See Synonyms at deceive.

But I notice there is a user named Bamboozle...so it must be his or her particular hiding style ... characterized by the difficulty of finding the cache? A cache that is hidden using elaborate means?

Looks like my guess might be correct. Bamboozle is a LA geocacher who is a prolific hider. You're not too far from LA so my guess is that someone in the area is copying the Bamboozle style of hiding, whatever that might be.

I shall have to PM the owner. and find out then. I have yet to find one hidden in this style *Shakes her fist at Hattiesbugr's March of the penguins* I will find you yet!!

Edited by Savypony

We had a local hide called Bamboozled. It was a pun however. There was a section of about 200+ 1in diameter hewn bamboo chutes sticking out from the ground in a 15x10 foot area, the cache was just a log rolled up inside one of them with a camo'd cap inside.

ecdc4485-1c9c-4141-8695-b04a9c1d2765.jpg

This was the log when I retrieved it haha.

We had a local hide called Bamboozled. It was a pun however. There was a section of about 200+ 1in diameter hewn bamboo chutes sticking out from the ground in a 15x10 foot area, the cache was just a log rolled up inside one of them with a camo'd cap inside.

ecdc4485-1c9c-4141-8695-b04a9c1d2765.jpg

This was the log when I retrieved it haha.

We thought bamboo had something to do with it because theres a tree there thats leaves look like bamboo. My husband and I have hunted that cache 3x and failed all 3..

I did email the owner to ask what he meant by it.