BM doesn't download to GPS

Woetohice

Hello,

I recently bought a Garmin GPSMAP 62st to replace a lost GPSMAP60CSx and promptly downloaded a BM in the ".loc" format from the "geocaching.com" website, but it doesn't show up on the screen of my GPS. I did find the BM so I know I was right on top of it (I had a surveyor with me verifying the location), but I was hoping to officially log it on my GPS and the website. Thanks for your help with this:)

Woetohice

Hello,

I recently bought a Garmin GPSMAP 62st to replace a lost GPSMAP60CSx and promptly downloaded a BM in the ".loc" format from the "geocaching.com" website, but it doesn't show up on the screen of my GPS. I did find the BM so I know I was right on top of it (I had a surveyor with me verifying the location), but I was hoping to officially log it on my GPS and the website. Thanks for your help with this:)

Woetohice

Woetohice, when you say "it doesn't show up on your screen", do you mean it doesn't show up on your map screen when you are zoomed into the where the actual benchmark is located.....or do you mean it doesn't show up on your garmin at all....either in the waypoint files or anywhere on the unit.

If it's just the mapscreen, while you are at the actual benchmark location....then you are most likely looking for a benchmark with "Scaled" coordinates.....which can be 600+ feet away. Check this part of the FAQ section about scaled vs adjusted coordinates for a benchmark.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...p;#entry1811693

If you can't seem to find it on your unit at all, check your waypoint file and possibly (but not likely), your geocaching file on your 62 to see if it is there. Although I haven't ever loaded a benchmark as a .loc, it might be a problem since the benchmark doesn't have a unique identifier when downloaded that way, like a geocache does. Example GCXXXXX.

Let us know the PID of the benchmark you downloaded and maybe we can help you out a little more.

Edited by LSUFan