How do I DROP a TB into a Cache (Log it) when I drop it off?

Nytshaed

On August 2, I found a TB that had been MIA apparently for some months, and dropped into a cache without being logged. I've made two entries for the Item since then:

1. Discovered

2. Grabbed

Now, I've dropped it off in another cache today on August 15th. HOW do I report that to continue the tracking.

Item Number is TB122GQ

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Nytshaed

Edited by Nytshaed

does the TB show to be in your possession?

if so follow the instructions bellow, mostly the bolded text

http://www.geocaching.com/track/howto.aspx

Dropping off a Travel Bug

Once you log that you have either picked up a Travel Bug or grabbed it, you can drop it off into a cache. Like the real world, the cache listing acts as a virtual container allowing you to drop off a Travel Bug.

If the Travel Bug has a goal, please try and follow the goal as best as you can. If the goal is to move the Travel Bug to the west coast, don't put the travel bug in a cache farther east.

Step 1. Visit the Cache Listing

Since you found a cache, you might as well kill two birds with one stone! Visit the cache listing for the cache you found and placed the Travel Bug.

If you already logged your find, don't panic! You can still post another log note.

Step 2. Visit the "log a cache" Page

As you normally log a find, click on the link to log the cache. You will need to log in first.

Step 3. Select the travel bugs to drop off

After entering any text for your find, below the text box is a list of Travel Bugs in your inventory. You can either select one Travel Bug or hold down Ctrl on your keyboard and select all the Bugs you want to drop off in the cache. Once you are ready, click the button to submit your log.

The Travel Bugs will transfer from your inventory to the online cache listing.

EDIT: i see you figured it out and dropped it in a cache

Edited by t4e

does the TB show to be in your possession?

if so follow the instructions bellow, mostly the bolded text

No, it wasn't at the time I posted the first log. I got the TB into my inventory finally, then went back and redid the log and was able to Drop it Off. Thanks for the reply! I'm slowly getting the hang of this Pick up and Drop thang...

Nytshaed