how to replace my missing cache.

My cache went missing back in May , checked the area with no luck in finding it. Waited a month or so to see if it might reappear .Was not a very choice spot to hide it as it is frequent to children playing near it.I have made a new one and have re coordinated it but getting message telling me that it is to far away from original location. Do I have to delete the original missing one and then start up a new cache (location) ?Please let me know how to get back in the game . :blink:

If you want to keep the same cache page, you'll need to move your new container a bit closer to the original coords. I'm sure a Reviewer will see this and correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking the most you can move a cache without reviewer intervention is 527'. One of the reasons for this is, if you move a cache more than a couple hundred feet or so, you've significantly changed the experience, which would warrant a new GC number.

If you are moving it more than .1 mile you need a reviewer to change the coords for you. You can change your own coords for shorter distances.

When you ask your reviewer to change the coords he is likely to tell you that a move of that far is essentially a new cache, so you should archive the old listing and submit a new one.