Earthcache Event - 9 or 15 October

Carbon Hunter

It is the official Earthcache Day on 10 October (Sunday). We however will be working. But we can have an event on either the day before (Saturday 9th) - or the end of International science Week - 15 October.

I am thinking of getting a friend of mine to take us to a stromatolite bed about 45km down the coast from Abu Dhabi (towards Ruwais) and to talk about stromatolites and fossil formation. I will then use this as a site for a new EarthCache and all that come along will be able to log a find on the new Earthcache once it's published too. so yopu'll get an Event cache and Earthcache - plus it is a new area with no traditional caches - so some potential for you to place a traditional while you are there too.

Anyone keen? what date is your preference?

It is the official Earthcache Day on 10 October (Sunday). We however will be working. But we can have an event on either the day before (Saturday 9th) - or the end of International science Week - 15 October.

I am thinking of getting a friend of mine to take us to a stromatolite bed about 45km down the coast from Abu Dhabi (towards Ruwais) and to talk about stromatolites and fossil formation. I will then use this as a site for a new EarthCache and all that come along will be able to log a find on the new Earthcache once it's published too. so yopu'll get an Event cache and Earthcache - plus it is a new area with no traditional caches - so some potential for you to place a traditional while you are there too.

Anyone keen? what date is your preference?

Sounds interesting. How about combining it with the Eid break and perhaps more might attend?

THWARTED!!!!!

everything i've tried so far has drwan a blank. I need a quick reply please.

Potential locations I have visited for a geological event have all drawn a blank:

Stromatolites being dredged

A rocky outcrop with graves fenced off

A museum - closed for renovation

A great spot or two in the desert - a little remorte for a first timers event - and better suited to a more organised convoy (Avanclan or peaseacraft need to help:) )

So how about a cup of coffee or juice at my home - and I can give a presentation on how to develop an earth cache?

Let me know.