GSAK & I feel kind of dumb....

I've been using GSAK for what I thought was quite some time. I use a lot of the custom macros which can be found at gsak.net. I generate my GC stats with it. I use it to manage my wife's and my pocket queries. I've created a bunch of filters that I/we use to geocache in Southern California, Nevada, and Arizona. I even perfected the use of the polygon filters which allow me to be on the hunt for a geocache virtually anywhere I usually drive.

But, it never dawned on me that I could use it to manage my saved waypoints. Lately, while using my Garmin Oregon 450, I noticed that every time that I created a new waypoint that the unit created a new waypoint gpx file with a new date on it. So, I had about 20 of these cluttering the /garmin/gpx directory. It was driving me nuts. So, what I started doing was copying and pasting from these html like files and consolidating them all in one file. I really got pretty good at it. Then, I realized that I could import all of these files into GSAK in one step. Once I did that, I deleted all of the waypoint gpx files and created only one new waypoint file with all of my waypoints. Geez, do I feel dumb now.

Yup.. GSAK really is the Swiss Army Knife of Geocaching :)

I've been using GSAK for what I thought was quite some time. I use a lot of the custom macros which can be found at gsak.net. I generate my GC stats with it. I use it to manage my wife's and my pocket queries. I've created a bunch of filters that I/we use to geocache in Southern California, Nevada, and Arizona. I even perfected the use of the polygon filters which allow me to be on the hunt for a geocache virtually anywhere I usually drive.

But, it never dawned on me that I could use it to manage my saved waypoints. Lately, while using my Garmin Oregon 450, I noticed that every time that I created a new waypoint that the unit created a new waypoint gpx file with a new date on it. So, I had about 20 of these cluttering the /garmin/gpx directory. It was driving me nuts. So, what I started doing was copying and pasting from these html like files and consolidating them all in one file. I really got pretty good at it. Then, I realized that I could import all of these files into GSAK in one step. Once I did that, I deleted all of the waypoint gpx files and created only one new waypoint file with all of my waypoints. Geez, do I feel dumb now.

No need to feel dumb...... I have used GSAK for years....and I have no idea what you are talking about. :)

That's gotta be a couple of levels below dumb :)

I'm gonna stay on topic here ( GSAK and kind of dumb)......

Once I needed to reload my GSAK file in one of my computers...it had somehow become corrupted or something. :huh: So.... I emailed Clyde for help.

He politely explained that My "hacked" GSAK files would work better if I signed up. :)

I quickly sent him some cash and got the real GSAK program. Problem solved. :o