Should I buy an Garmin etrex Legend?

I currently use a TomTom 3rd edition for geocaching but it's hard to use around roads. I'd like to buy a more geocaching oriented GPSr and I recently came across a Garmin etrex Legend for $100. Is that a good deal? Is it a good improvement over the TomTom? I also live in Canada so is there any problems is should expect because of that?

I currently use a TomTom 3rd edition for geocaching but it's hard to use around roads. I'd like to buy a more geocaching oriented GPSr and I recently came across a Garmin etrex Legend for $100. Is that a good deal? Is it a good improvement over the TomTom? I also live in Canada so is there any problems is should expect because of that?

If it's the basic eTrex Legend, the old blue one, you can do a lot better than that on price. I wouldn't give more than $50 for it. It's only got 8 megs of ram, so is very limited as to how many maps you can load.

I recently bought a Legend C for $75... and Walmart had the eTrex Legend HCx Bike and Hike deal for $150 recently, for comparison. The Walmart deal included pretty decent maps, too.

If it's the basic eTrex Legend, the old blue one, you can do a lot better than that on price. I wouldn't give more than $50 for it. It's only got 8 megs of ram, so is very limited as to how many maps you can load.

I recently bought a Legend C for $75... and Walmart had the eTrex Legend HCx Bike and Hike deal for $150 recently, for comparison. The Walmart deal included pretty decent maps, too.

Thanks I'll keep looking around then

Thanks I'll keep looking around then

If it the Etrex Legend H, 100 bucks is not a bad price The H uses a USB and has 24mb for maps. The old Blue Etrex had 8mb for maps and a serial port.

Most will recommend the Etrex Venture HC which can be had for around 120 American dollars or less online.