Logging a Bug without logging the cache

Morseman

This is not a pop at the person who did this, as I'd not realised that it was possible to do until today!

The story is, I put together a cache, and put a TB in that I held. So far, so good.

The first visitor to the cache took the TB (again, no problem with that, that's why I put the TB in there after all) However, the 1st visitor logged taking the TB (great, it's moved on - no problem here either) but hasn't yet logged finding the cache.

Now, if this had been several finds after setting the cache, I guess I'd have over looked the fact, but being the 1st visit, and so soon after I'd set the cache and it had been accepted, it would have been nice to have seen a log of the cache being found. Especially as someone coming over tomorrow (a Sunday - and usually a good day for Geocaching) might not realise that they are not the 1st visitor.

I supose my question is, should it be a requirement to log a find, even if it's a 'note', to collect a TB? I have to admit that, if I've gone back to a cache to get a TB, I log a 'note' to say I've been. In this case, this was the first find for the cache, and it would have been nice to know if they got there via all the clues, or just worked out where it was without doing the trail.

--... ...--

Morseman

--... ...--

Morseman

quote:
Originally posted by Morseman:

I supose my question is, should it be a requirement to log a find, even if it's a 'note', to collect a TB?

Well, many travel bugs also travel from hand to hand, not just cache to hand to cache. If you made logging a cache a requirement for logging a bug, it wouldn't work the way it currently is done.

As for the person not logging your cache yet - perhaps they are waiting to upload some digital pics, or waiting for someone else to help them write the log - perhaps done as a team.

Anyway - I've seen where caches haven't been logged for many days after finding it, for various reasons. No biggie.

If someone finds one of my caches and doesn't log it, I'll think it's kinda weird - but it isn't a big deal, imho.

--==< http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe >==--

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

I see a log on the cache I think you are talking about... how long did you give them, after logging the bug, to leave a log on your cache?

I guess you are right, and this comes under the headin of shouting before being hurt.

The TB log appeared a couple of hours, I would guess, before the log on the cache.

I'll crawl back in my hole. :-)

--... ...--

Morseman