100s of finds a day?

danboss

What is the point of posting comments such as 'I don't like it'...

The same point as someone posting how much fun it is. Offering varied opinions in a mostly public forum is a time honored tradition. So long as the dissenting opinions are offered with at least a modicum of civility, they are every bit as on topic as the protagonistic ones. Only a tyrant fears vocal disagreements.

If BillyBob says "I Love P&Gs"

and BillyJoe says "P&Gs are stupid"

that is naught but an opinion.

If BillyJoe says "Anyone who likes P&Gs is stupid", then civility has been tossed aside.

I've never commented or suggested in any way that those that do power trails don't enjoy the experience.

I think I can touch on that aspect. I did a power trail. Once. I would not do another one on a bet. While I can't say the mind numbing monotony involved in driving 529', grabbing a soggy log film can from behind a post, signing the log, replacing the film can, then driving 529' to do the exact same thing, over, and over, and over, was, in itself, a bad thing, (Some folks love it. Kudos to them), I learned after about two caches that it was not my cup of tea. I did however enjoy the company, as I was with someone else with similar tastes, and it was kinda fun watching each other roll our eyes, determined to complete the series regardless of how many brain cells we lost in the process from lack of mental stimulation.

I remain ever thankful that Groundspeak provides me with the tools necessary to avoid such drivel in the future.

There are 1440 minutes in 24 hours. Therefore to do 200 caches is a cache every 7.2 minutes.

So every 7.2 minutes you have to:

• travel from the last cache to this cache
  • find the cache and open it
  • sign the log
  • record somewhere for your notes that you found the cache
  • replace the cache exactly as you found it
  • do a "go to" for the next cache with your GPSr
  • jump back in the car! (or on your rocket powered bike!)

For 600 caches you'd have to do all that every 2.4 minutes!

These people are superheroes!

You don't need to be a superhero. You just need an incredible tolerance for monotony.

Power Trail envy.

Nah, finding 600 nearly identical caches doesn't interest me in the least. Some people are into monotony. When I was in college I had a summer job in a book warehouse where I spent 8 hours a day putting stickers on books. If I never see another Newberry Award or Caldecott Medal sticker I'll be a happy man. My co-worker on the other hand loved doing it. I think he was destined for a career on an assembly line. As they say in Latvia, to each his own.