Easy way to find info on someone elses TB when you don't have #.

The Pirate

I would like to find and follow a TB that someone created. The way I see it I have three ways to find it. All I know is the name of the TB. It's is a relatively new release (within a month). After looking at the TB gallery through the latest 200 or so TB's I didn't find it. That's somewhat a hard way now that there are so many. It may not have a jpeg picture I don't know. I missed the cache it went into when it was released so don't have a number to put a watch on it. And since it went half across the US from Florida to Mass. a state with lots of caches to go to try and find it. Is there any other option other than scrolling 22-24 TB's at a time to go through over 1,000 TB's to find it when there may not be a picture of it. Or anything easier than searching all the Geocaches in the state of Mass. Or troubling the owner by emailing the them and asking for the number? Guess it would be nice if there was a searching engin or method on the TB page... Any thoughts???

AARGH!!!

The Pirate[:cool:]

You cannot search for a travel bug with the same search engine as is used to seek a cache. I believe there are only 3 ways to find the track.detail for a travel bug:

1) Find the page for the cache where it is currently logged-in. Then click the name of the travel bug in the upper-right corner.

2) Click TRACK TRAVEL BUGS on your 'MY CACHE PAGE'. For this one, you will need the tracking number from the tag.

3) Email the owner or anyone who has retrieved/placed the travel bug, asking for the link for the bug. They can find a link to every bug they have placed or retrieved on their 'MY CACHE PAGE'. The text will look something like this: http://www.geocaching.com/track/track.detail.asp?ID=325

I thought about tracking Commander Riker but he left the cache he was in and I don't know his number or who planted him. Wish there were a search engine for bugs, or even just an alpha list by name! Guess I'll try Google but I'm scared what could happen with such a popular tv character! LOL

Moosiegirl (Candy)