anyway to search for new caches?

ive got the notifications set-up, but i dont know if i did it right, as i havent gotten any notices of caches within a 30mi radius sice i set it up 2 weeks ago.

did i do something wrong?

can i search for new caches myself?

Which notifications have you got set up? Just 'Published'?

If so maybe nothing new has been published in a 30 mile radius.

Try setting some other conditions for your notification - enabled, disabled, reported, that kind of thing.

Should start to get some emails coming in and you can then tell that it's working properly before removing the notifications you don't want.

From memory, you also have to set the notifications up for each type of cache individually, so if you've only set it up for multis, it won't report new traditionals.

Not 100% sure on that one, it might be worth having another play in the settings screen.

HTH

Lovejoy

It sounds like something in your setup isn't right. Living in TX, I would reckon that new caches have come out in the past 2 weeks within 30 miles of you.

Can you provide a screenshot here of your notification page for us to look at? You can white out your email/contact info on it (even the last 5 digits of the north/west coordinates) - we don't need to see that. That way we can see what may be wrong. Possibly one of your coordinates are wrong, like you entered an Easterly one instead of Westerly or something?

It's possible your email program (or provider) is flagging them as spam so you're not getting them.

A quick way to see if you have them setup correctly is to change the "type" to "Found it". That way you'll get a notification as soon as someone finds a cache within your notification range. If that's working, then you can change it back to showing when a cache is published, which won't happen as often as someone finding something.

Edited by Skippermark