deleted bookmark list still sends logs

pikacu

I had a bookmark list with enabled the "Notify me when items on this list are logged" option.

I have deleted this list few days ago but I am still recieving logs from caches from this list (on my email).

How could I disable getting these logs? (These caches are not on my watch list).

Are they possibly on another bookmark list?

The last link in the email is to the bookmark list (or watchlist). Follow that and see what you find.

I have no other bookmark list. When I click on the last in the email, I get the message "The bookmark list you are trying to view has been deleted." :blink: Yes, I have deleted the bookmark list, but still getting emails which I don't need any more :lol:

I had a bookmark list with enabled the "Notify me when items on this list are logged" option.

I have deleted this list few days ago but I am still recieving logs from caches from this list (on my email).

I have the same problem, and I've reported it through the new "Feedback" function:

Still getting log notifications for a 'one-click' deleted bookmark list

Groundspeak seems to be watching these, but they clearly haven't fixed this issue yet. If you add your 'vote' to the issue, perhaps it'll gain some weight.

How could I disable getting these logs? (These caches are not on my watch list).

I wish I knew. :blink: I suspect we can't, short of a bugfix implemented by Groundspeak.

Groundspeak seems to be watching these, but they clearly haven't fixed this issue yet. If you add your 'vote' to the issue, perhaps it'll gain some weight.

They do a site update/bug fix about once a month. The last one was June 29th. On the top level forum page watch the first entry, Geocaching Announcements for the site updates. The policy generally has been not to acknowledge or give a planned fix date. Occasionally they will acknowledge planned fixes/feature implementations, but generally not. About the only time there is any real time indication of bug fixes, other than the update announcement, is if they do a hotfix after a site update for problems that need to be fixed with that update.

try creating another bookmark list WITH the notify option, add all the caches to that bookmark list and then delete them off the list one by one.

I tried but doesn't work. When the caches were on the new list, I was getting double notifications.

Just for the record:

Even after the recent site update, the problem persists. I'm still getting log notification emails from my "one-click" deleted bookmark lists, and so do plenty of other people.

:P

Even if the underlying bug won't be fixed anytime soon, could somebody from Groundspeak please at least undelete those bookmark lists so I can clean them out manually and 'archive' them again? Pretty please? :laughing:

I had hoped a fix related to PQs and searches still ignoring caches on a deleted ignore list would also solve this issue, but it appears to have not. We're on it.

Edit: We need to run a script to cleanup all the old deleted lists from before the release. Once that happens you should all stop receiving these email notifications. This will take place today.

Edit the second: The script has been run. Please reply if you are still getting these notifications. Thanks!

Edited by OpinioNate

I had hoped a fix related to PQs and searches still ignoring caches on a deleted ignore list would also solve this issue, but it appears to have not. We're on it.

Edit: We need to run a script to cleanup all the old deleted lists from before the release. Once that happens you should all stop receiving these email notifications. This will take place today.

Edit the second: The script has been run. Please reply if you are still getting these notifications. Thanks!

The problem was solved! :laughing: I tested and I didn't recieve any notification.

Thanks!