Garmin Nuvi 765T

I recently purchased the Nuvi 765T and I'm looking for some feedback on the Nuvi series in regards to map labeling. I'm disappointed in the fact that this unit doesn't label very much on the map. No towns, lakes, rivers, parks, etc. I even loaded a couple of waypoints and those aren't labeled either. The symbol appears and that's it. I've tried setting the map detail to "high" and have experimented with all different zoom levels.

It's frustrating seeing a map screen with no or few lables. My Vista and 60Cx do a much better job of labeling map points. Does anyone know of another Nuvi model that will do the labeling I'm looking for? I didn't expect to be missing all of this detail and I'm almost wondering what the point of even having the map is.

I ask because I might exchange it for a more detailed unit if it's worth the upgrade. Any thoughts are appreciated.

How does his compare?

SpoutLake.gif

From a Nuvi 205W. I know that points only show at high zoom. Notice the lake shows twice, both a point and the lake area itself is named. One extreme to another.

I have a 205W also.....how did you get the Topo map on there? Can you switch between the road map and topo?

How does his compare?

SpoutLake.gif

From a Nuvi 205W. I know that points only show at high zoom. Notice the lake shows twice, both a point and the lake area itself is named. One extreme to another.

I have a 205W also.....how did you get the Topo map on there? Can you switch between the road map and topo?