Geocache Quest

ecodevo

I'm part of a tourism coalition and we were wondering if there's anyway to create a "geocache quest"? We would like to link one already placed geocache from 22 counties together. Once someone completes all of locations, they would get a prize.

Has anyone done this? Is it possible to link them? Ideas? Suggestions?

I'm part of a tourism coalition and we were wondering if there's anyway to create a "geocache quest"? We would like to link one already placed geocache from 22 counties together. Once someone completes all of locations, they would get a prize.

Has anyone done this? Is it possible to link them? Ideas? Suggestions?

I haven't done this, but I imagine you could create a multicache in your cache's home county, but list the requirements of logging the find as finding 22 specific caches around the area - you may not log this cache as found until you have found the following caches, then list them. Maybe be a good idea to contact the owners of those 22 caches though to make sure the caches are permanent and regularly maintained. Cool idea!

Edited by DStar22

I don't know if there is an official quest on geocaching.com

but I know there are several groups out there that have quest.

Such as... find a cach in every county in the state,

a cach a day for 100 days, one for every difficulty rating.

So putting together a quest within your coalition shouldn't be a problem

For the past two years, the Ohio Department of Natural Resourses has palced caches in several state parks. This year it's 18. They are individual caches. At each cache, the finder must photograph themselves with the logbook. Each logbook is unique. The first 100 to submit their pics, receives a prize.

The PA park system did this a couple years ago too.

Your group could do the same thing. Add a link on each cache page for the others in the 'quest.'