cache info displayed

SeekingVanSicklens

I'm having the same problem with my garmin nuvi 1350. Using GSAK to do this with no success. Using info from this site http://geocaching.totaltechworld.com/

Going to look into that GSAK thingy as it looks like it could save a lot of time. I've got a Oregon 550t and so far, the only way i have been able to put the full cache description with clue and log posts into the GPS is by doing this for EVERY single cache:

Open the cache desciption page and press the "Send to my GPS" button on the top part of the page.

Note that your GPS has to be supported by this function.

It will NOT work on the list view by marking the radio buttons for the ones you like and creating a LOC file. Because you have to open every single cache youre interested in, you will end up using quite a lot of time in preparation for a remote geocache trip where you want to go through a lot of caches.

Bitflux happy finder of 4 caches :laughing:

I'm having the same problem with my garmin nuvi 1350. Using GSAK to do this with no success. Using info from this site http://geocaching.totaltechworld.com/

Going to look into that GSAK thingy as it looks like it could save a lot of time. I've got a Oregon 550t and so far, the only way i have been able to put the full cache description with clue and log posts into the GPS is by doing this for EVERY single cache:

Open the cache desciption page and press the "Send to my GPS" button on the top part of the page.

It will NOT work on the list view by marking the radio buttons for the ones you like and creating a LOC file. Because you have to open every single cache youre interested in, you will end up using quite a lot of time in preparation for a remote geocache trip where you want to go through a lot of caches.

Pocket Queries.

1,000 caches at a time! 5 a day!

Ability to select the type of cache -struggle with puzzles? Exclude them!

GSAK is worth looking at. :huh:

Bitflux

If you are not currently a Premium Member, I would strongly suggest that you become one. With a Oregon 550, as BandR previously mentioned, you would be able to pull pocket queries and add up to 1000 caches at one time with all of the information (decription, hint, last 5 logs) you are looking for.

They are quite simple to add. Simply run a PQ, unzip the file and place the GPX file in your directory :\Garmin\GPX

This saves you the trouble of adding each cache one by one using the send to GPS function.

Hope this helps!!

OLearn Pocket Queries

http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm

I am a premium member but when I load my GPS from Groundspeak it still comes up as the geocache number not the title, I get no discription and no hint...

Am I missing a setting or what?

Send as a GPX file to EasyGPS and after you add your GPS to EasyGPS you can set the program up to show the name and the hint. This feature with EasyGPS also depends on which model GPS you have. I'm using the 76CSx.