What is a fair trade for...

Warturtle

Trackable items, Travel Bugs and geocoins are not trade items.

There is no requirement to trade, as they aren't yours to keep. You need to move them on.

Anything else in the cache (aside from the logbook and pen/pencil) are trade items.

Good reading here: http://www.geocaching.com/track/travelbugfaq.aspx :ph34r:

EDIT: As a sidenote, you should also log at Invest Wisely cache (GC1NFV4), as well as retrieving the TB from it.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

I always leave something even if I don't take anything. Karma and all. :)

Excellent!

As in all of life there is no hard-and-fast rule to geocoin trades.

ACTIVATED geocoins are usually travelers, with or without a stated mission. Don't keep an activated coin without permission of the owner.

If you see that it is logged into the cache it is activated, since unactivated coins can't be logged.

If it is not logged into the cache run the geocoin number through the trackable search engine at http://www.geocaching.com/track/default.aspx

UNactivated geocoins are usually trade items. Unless it is specified you likely won't know which is the case at the cache site unless the unactivated coin is in packaging with an activation code or otherwise so marked.

Loose geocoins without packaging are almost always activated travelers.

If you are not sure if it is activated or not leave something equal as a trade (most geocoins are worth around $8, mine cost me $12). When you get home if it proves to be activated move it along and look at what you traded as a nice trade or gift to the cacher who will find it.

If it is unactivated you can move it, trade it or keep it. ;)

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler