Delorme PN-40 display

On a recent caching outing, while using my PN-40 in either the view or navigate mode, the arrow indicating where we were had a circle around it. Does anyone know why that would be? I have never seen it do that before.... Please help if you have any ideas! Hopefully, there is not something going wrong with it!

On a recent caching outing, while using my PN-40 in either the view or navigate mode, the arrow indicating where we were had a circle around it. Does anyone know why that would be? I have never seen it do that before.... Please help if you have any ideas! Hopefully, there is not something going wrong with it!

The radius of that circle indicates the EPE - Estimated Positional Error. Basically, the GPS is saying "I'm fairly certain you're inside this circle, with the arrow indicating my best guess."

Forgot to mention earlier - if you look at the Satellites page, in the lower left corner you'll see the EPE. That number should correspond to the radius of that circle on the Map screen. You'll probably have to zoom in pretty far most of the time to tell.