paperless and the dakota 20

To take best advantage of it, you'll want to load large gpx files created by Pocket Queries. For that, you'll want to buy yourself a premium membership at gc.com

+1 Would nice if it was free but $10 for 3 months seems affordable to most. It really pays for itself; you can effectively have all caches in your area on your device waiting to be found. Or all caches in your holiday destination, etc.

I have the Dakota 10 and love it :(

To take best advantage of it, you'll want to load large gpx files created by Pocket Queries. For that, you'll want to buy yourself a premium membership at gc.com

+1 Would nice if it was free but $10 for 3 months seems affordable to most. It really pays for itself; you can effectively have all caches in your area on your device waiting to be found. Or all caches in your holiday destination, etc.

I have the Dakota 10 and love it :(

The Dakota will only read maps on the sd card so you will need to load the gpx files directly to the unit and not the sd card.

The Dakota will only read maps on the sd card so you will need to load the gpx files directly to the unit and not the sd card.

??? The Dakota 20 is perfectly happy to read maps and gpx files in either location, or both - provided you create the right folders on the SD card.

??? The Dakota 20 is perfectly happy to read maps and gpx files in either location, or both - provided you create the right folders on the SD card.

Mine wouldn't and when I contacted garmin about this they told it was only designed to read geocaching gpx files off the main memory and not the card. They told me that only map data could be read off the card. So unless they have changed the software to read geocaches off the card which I still can't get mine to do even with the latest software unless I am doing something wrong. This isn't a big issue as the dakota will hold up to 2000 individual geocaches and if you do it in pocket query form I have had over 2500.

Mine wouldn't and when I contacted garmin about this they told it was only designed to read geocaching gpx files off the main memory and not the card. They told me that only map data could be read off the card. So unless they have changed the software to read geocaches off the card which I still can't get mine to do even with the latest software unless I am doing something wrong. This isn't a big issue as the dakota will hold up to 2000 individual geocaches and if you do it in pocket query form I have had over 2500.

Someone gave you wrong information. The 1st tier of customer support people don't seem to be as knowledgeable about their own products as they should be. It must be because Garmin has a bizzillion different models of GPSr's. Oregons & Dakota 20's can load GPX files from either the unit itself or the the SD card. It's been that way since the beginning. Well, maybe not the beginning, just the beginning of these two model lineups.

:(

Edited by jeepdelfuego