Recommendations needed: Must-do caches in SE Oregon

greenwoodturner

In early August, we will be driving down into the southeastern portion of Oregon, in an attempt to complete the Oregon Delorme Challenge. We plan on visiting Delorme pages 72-79. I was wondering if fellow geocachers have any "must-do" caches for any of those pages? We have a Jeep, so we are not limited to caches along the highways.

I've had the following recommendations:

1. "The Knox Box" - GCXPT5
  2. "Wild Horse Homelands Confluence" - GCB41

Thanks,

GreenWoodTurner

Edited by greenwoodturner

I've been told by several cachers to get My daughter had to go pee 2 { GC1JM82 } for Pg 87 when I head that direction.

Looks like someone just published some new caches along 95 down by Burns Junction/Rome area.

But that's SE Oregon and the pages you listed are NE Oregon.

Also the pillars of rome earthcache is in pg 87.

GCJBAB "Under the Wide & Starry sky" R.L.S. Is now a micro but not hard to find. It is where Jean Baptiste Charbonneau is buried. J.B. Charbonneau was the youngest member of the Lewis & Clark party (Sacajawea's son). He died here enroute from the California gold fields to Montana.

If you really want an adventure, check out Five Bar also in Malheur County south of Jordan.

It is possible to drive within a half mile of the Wild Horse Homelands Confluence along the state line fence.