How do I get "notification" of brand new caches

trishga

Can you set it up to notify your cell phone via text message?

This has to be how others in our area are getting there first...

Sure - your cell provider usually has an email/sms gateway. Set the notifications to goto you providers email address for the phone - usually something like 3085551212@provider.net

Welcome to Geocaching trishga!

1. Learn when your local reviewer publishes caches - early in the morning, late at night, both? Then watch.

2. Have your geocaching bag packed and ready by the door.

3. Be prepared to drop everything at a moment's notice to go hunt for that new cache. Whether 6:00 am, 11:00 pm or supper or even risking being late to work.

4. Puzzles, higher terrain and rural caches are not found as quick. Sometimes I have quickly solved the puzzle but then there is a blizzard - and go - No Way am I going out in that! Safety First!

5. Keep honing your geocaching skills so that you will find it and not DNF.

6. Don't break any laws ie park hours. If you are caught, Geocaching gets a bad name and sometimes is banned from certain areas.

For our second FTF, we threw on our snowsuits over our PJs at 11:00 pm in a snowstorm in January and drove to GZ and beat some more experienced cachers by a few minutes because I knew the area better.

There was one night cache that was published across town and we knew that the locals would be there first but we went anyway because we knew that it would be an unofficial event and it was! 20 geocachers showed up, all searching and sharing our stories with cache owner enjoying hosting the fun.

First or second or hundredth - all are fun. I just hate being the last to find! - I feel so guilty.

Finally Enjoy your Geocaching Adventures!