Geomate Jr.

I had a Garmin Nuvi that got me in the park but just purchased a Geomate Jr on sale at Target. My first time out it got me within 3ft of the prize. I had to laugh because where the 3 ft were was a gigantic tree. I thought naaaaahhhhh. But yep it was right there.

Anyway, my question is: What if I want to geocache at work. How do I get the geomate to give me the 20 closest to my work. Do i make my work the home location, and then change it back when I actually get home.

Thanks, and my next purchase is the uploader.

Page 12 of the geomate manual located here: User's Guide explains a bit more about home location. Usually you set a home loc to mark where you left your car, so that you can navigate back there once you found a cache(s). From that same page it says: "As soon as your Geomate.jr has a valid GPS position, it will calculate the closest geocache to your current position and display information about that geocache."

Page 16 describes what to do once you are ready to 'go home'. So the home point is really just a temporary marker.

Edited by Airtent

It's important to understand that the Geomate Jr shows the 20 closest caches to the position when it's first turned on, not where it is right now. If you turn it on and drive 10 miles, it still shows you the 20 closest to where you were before. To update it, just turn it off and back on again.