GPSMAP 78S Map Question

Thrak

I have the new 78S with the latest automotive maps installed. I purchased a 4GB microSD card and, using Mapsource, I transferred the 24k National Parks West Topo maps to the card. However, when I inserted the card into the GSP, I didn't see the new maps as being available. It should be possible to have the automotive maps installed to the unit with supplemental maps installed to the microSD card.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Problem solved. It was due to user error. The microSD card didn't seat properly because I cleverly failed to slide the lock upward. The 76CSx had a slot that the card clicked into and auto-locked. The 78S has a more telephone like slot where you lay the card in it and then fold the metal clip down and slide it upward to lock. I failed to slide it and the card wasn't actually being recognized. D'Oh!

After properly seating the card the Topo maps show up. We're heading out the end of next week for a 2 week camping and caching trip (hitting GW VIII as the mid point) and visiting 2 national parks during the trip. I wanted the 24k Topo maps available for those spots. In general, Topo maps make me a bit crazy but these are good ones and I wanted to check them out while in the parks.