Oregon 450 City Navigator 2010 POI issue

This weekend I noticed that whenever I search for food & drink / all categories on my Oregon 450 that it takes FOREVER to give me a list. My wife has the same City Navigator 2010 map on her Garmin Oregon 200 and her unit gives her a list in a moment. I originally attributed it to the 450 being a slower unit. Then, I did the same search without any geocaches loaded on it and it gave me a list instantly. I have just short of 5,000 geocaches loaded on my unit and my wife has 2,000 geocaches loaded. I'm not sure if I like this trade-off.

Anybody have any ideas?

Edited by jeepdelfuego

This weekend I noticed that whenever I search for food & drink / all categories on my Oregon 450 that it takes FOREVER to give me a list. My wife has the same City Navigator 2010 map on her Garmin Oregon 200 and her unit gives her a list in a moment. I originally attributed it to the 450 being a slower unit. Then, I did the same search without any geocaches loaded on it and it gave me a list instantly. I have just short of 5,000 geocaches loaded on my unit and my wife has 2,000 geocaches loaded. I'm not sure if I like this trade-off.

Anybody have any ideas?

One of my friends just told me to not keep any geocaches on my unit. Ugh, that's not an option.

Anybody have any ideas?

One of my friends just told me to not keep any geocaches on my unit. Ugh, that's not an option.

I can't believe nobody has had any issues with this. I really don't want to load less geocaches on my unit.

I can't believe nobody has had any issues with this. I really don't want to load less geocaches on my unit.

I suspect the vast majority of us run a separate automotive GPS and use the POI lists that come with those -- hence, never turn the ones on the handhelds, or note performance issues when viewing them.

Anybody have any ideas?

Have you done the recent 3.52beta update? It's supposed to fix the POI hangup.

Linky

Edited by Triple Crown

Anybody have any ideas?

Have you done the recent 3.52beta update? It's supposed to fix the POI hangup.

Linky

I like the 3.52 beta update, but it doesn't speed up my POI issue. Today I am going to take some maps off the unit to see if that works. If it doesn't, I will call Garmin on Monday. I have the marine maps, city navigator (full install), topo2008 (3/4 of U.S.), and a couple of other misc. maps loaded on the unit. I don't have them all enabled at the same time. I have different profiles set to view each map. I guess I am a bit too map crazy and geocache (4500+) happy.