Wildwood

ihorn

So yesterday morning my Fiancee and I took our first adventure hiking together. We got to the park around 12 yesterday afternoon. It was getting a little warm out, but not to bad. It was probably around high 70's with some humidity. We had a nice breeze hitting us though through most of the hike. We decided that we would take the trail to the lower parking lot and then decide where to go from there. It was nice uphill, and downhill hike on a nice dirt road. Probably a total change in elevation around 100' or so. From the lower parking lot we descended down the trail on the left probably around 250' or so on a nice switchback trail. We saw some real nice people on our hike down saying hi to them, and all the normal pleasantries. At the bottom of the hill we decided to follow the stream down to the waterfall at the park. Passed a nice family out with their kids for a nice hike. The stream was beautiful, and running nicely covered by the trees that lined it. After a little while we ended up at Paradise Falls. It was a nice little spot with people just looking, and others on top of the falls jumping into the pond. What a wonderful place. Wish there wouldnt have been other people there. Would have been nice if it was just the two of us, but oh well.

After the falls we decided to head back to the car, as we were starting to feel the heat from the sun by this point. We headed up a different trail then we had come down on. We probably climbed around 150' to 200' on a nice switchback trail. We ended up taking a break at a little wooden framed and sheathed tee pee that the local Native American tribe had put up in honor of their lands. While we were relaxing there for a few minutes another couple arrived to have a nice picnic lunch. I took a picture for them cause they asked. Then a nice group of people arrived with the dogs. We decided to leave, and head back to the car after maybe 5 or 10 minutes. The path we took from the tee pee wasnt to bad of a change in elevation over the distance that we traveled. We got back to the car maybe 15 to 20 minutes after we left the tee pee. We were in no real hurry, just kinda enjoying our time.

The whole time that we were hiking though we were hearing the rattle snakes in the tall grass rattle at us. Didnt really scare us since we knew that they wouldnt come after us as long as we left them alone. So for our first outing I would say that we had a great time, and are looking to get back on the trail. This time though we are going to be heading out to the mountains.