Changing cache detail

I listed a multi some time ago, and due to the lack of activity, am thinking I made the first stage too difficult, in terms of it's terrain location.

I would like to relocate the first stage to make it more accessible to cachers, after which the second stage will be fine.

Question: How does one modify cache information, i.e coordinates, on geocache.com

One thing you should think about are the previous finders when modifying terrain/difficulty ratings.

Let's say your first stage was a 4 terrain where finders had to climb a tree. You now move it so it's just 5 feet off the ground and no one has to climb to get it and in the process you change it to a 1.5.

That can be frustrating for those users who climbed the tree and found it when it was a 4 star because once you change it, their find also changes from a 4 to a 1.5.

If you're going to make a large change like that, it might be better to archive the original cache and submit a new one with the new hide at stage 1. That way, the original tree climbers can keep their 4 star find, and everyone can find the newer, easier hide.

Edited by Skippermark

It's a good idea to consider how much you're changing the overall experience. People who have found the original cache should be able to return to the new cache page and see something familiar: it's part of their history. If the change makes it a very different caching experience, then it might be better to archive the original and list a new cache with the final at the same location.

I listed a multi some time ago, and due to the lack of activity, am thinking I made the first stage too difficult, in terms of it's terrain location.

I would like to relocate the first stage to make it more accessible to cachers, after which the second stage will be fine.

Question: How does one modify cache information, i.e coordinates, on geocache.com

A multi, out in a sparsely cacher-populated area, just listed on June 6, hasn't been given a fair chance. Remember that our mega event was just this last weekend. Most of us were there caching or running the event.

Give the caches and and the cachers a chance. If, in 3 months, you still think either the stage needs modifying or the ratings need to be changed, then go for it.

I assume that you are speaking of the cache for which you describe a walk of 45 minutes and a bushwack of another 30 minutes since your other caches were placed just this month. I imagine that the bushwack will remain substantial, which makes me think that the change in the first stage placement may not change all that much.

Multis, by nature, do not get as many visitors as traditional caches. Multis in sparsely populated areas get less. Multis in sparsely populated areas that have a difficult terrain are some of the least found caches around. It's just the way it is. You may not get a lot a lot of loggers, but the logs you do get are generally better than average.