showing my found caches on a map ?

lihen

I was wondering whether it is possible to create a map of my found caches (and perhaps my traceables). A map I can download to "show off" :-)

I know you can download a pocket query of your finds and drag that over to Google Earth and it will be displayed. (True for any PQ). I don't know if it can be done on any other mapping software.

If you go to Your Pocket Queries you are able to to download a list of all caches you have done as a PQ. But this will not show it up on a map. There are some Stat gernotors that will give a map over view of you cache placements. Hope fully some one will point you in that direction. As this can be added to your Public Profile page.

I run a My Finds PQ through my DeLorme TOPO software to generate a maps of my smilies! I can then print it or export it to show off the map online. Here is a smaple of my finds on theEast Coast. 2nd pic is a shot of a State Park in New Hampshire that we camped in and all the caches available in the park.

finds.jpg

PawtuckawaySP.jpg

Edited by KJcachers

A premium member has an option to download a pocket query of all of their finds. Once you have that, there are several options, using the 3rd party tool called GSAK. You can export that pocket query to Google Earth, to MapSource, you can use a macro that is available on the GSAK website that shows them in zoomable "clusters" in Google Maps.

I was wondering whether it is possible to create a map of my found caches (and perhaps my traceables). A map I can download to "show off" :-)

I know you can download a pocket query of your finds and drag that over to Google Earth and it will be displayed. (True for any PQ). I don't know if it can be done on any other mapping software.

You could probably show off something reasonable as long as all your finds were relatively close together. OF my finds my furthest west is in California, furthest north is in Amsterdam, Netherlands, furthest South was in Johannesburg, South Africa, and the furthest east in Tanzania. Trying to display all of them on a map would be a bit of a challenge.

While you have less than 1000 finds you can just generate a standard PQ with the "That (and)" option set to "I have found".

When you have set the PQ you can view a map of its content in the same way you would any other PQ via the map preview link on the PQ page. Your finds show up as smiley faces.

While this MAY work, it will only work if there are no archived caches on your found list. Regular PQ's do not return any data for archived caches, but the special My Finds PQ does (of course, it only returns your logs for the caches, unlike regular PQ's that return 5 logs).