Garmin Dakota 10

thevinstigator

Don't take on more than she is capable of. If it's hot and she's tired there is no shame in calling of the hunt and coming back another day.

No matter what you do though you aren't going top make her like it. Geocaching isn't for everybody. My first hunt was with our daughter back in 2001. She thought it was boring then, she thinks it's boring now (oddly enough her boyfriend seems to be really interested in it). Some kids on the other hand love it. Every time I visit my brother my nephew wants to know when we are going geocaching.

I go with my kids all the time. Their ages are 13, 12, 11, and 10 (the 16 yr old is too cool to hang with dad). They love it!! We are getting into searching for some of the micros with a little luck. Best thing we did is we found a park that had 7 hidden around it (all normal sized) all within a smaller area. we hiked and found all of them and put on about 4 miles under our feet. we only stopped for water and rest once.

Kids love the swag! we take turns holding the gps, the paper, the swag bag, and the compass (we are old school and don't have an electric compass on the gps). They also love decoding the clues on our way to the find.

Good luck and keep it positive.